Advanced Employment Issues Symposium / Regulatory updates and compliance solutions for employers and HR practitioners
CONFERENCE SNAPSHOT: The 22nd Annual Advanced Employment Issues Symposium is the nation’s leading human capital management conference for HR professionals, executives, and in-house counsel. AEIS will help prepare you to get ahead of workplace policy updates with a comprehensive overview of breaking legislative changes and strategies to overcome compliance issues.
You’ll get practical, proven strategies for limiting your company’s legal liability and will:
- Discover how the latest court decisions will impact your policies, including those on hot topics like gender identity and whistleblower claims.
- Get down in the trenches with practicing attorneys and federal regulators, who will update you on the very latest changes to employment laws and your compliance obligations. What’s happening with the ACA or overtime? Our experts will have the answers.
- Pinpoint the most common stumbling blocks before it’s too late, including major pitfalls involving employee screening, drug testing and more!
- Access proven, practical strategies for overcoming your top challenges, like FMLA abuse and reporting, so you can feel confident as your organization’s resident employment law expert.
- Network with other HR professionals who face the same challenges and can share best practices for implementing compliant and effective policies.
- Hear best-selling author and keynote speaker Bob Kelleher—president and founder of The Employee Engagement Group–share his insights on employee engagement, leadership, and workforce trends.
What to expect at AEIS 2017:
- The conference’s intimate forum will encourage deep networking with your peers and expert presenters and idea-sharing around compliance and HR management
- The agenda features lively presentations and interactive workshops that will keep you engaged as you learn how to overcome your top business challenges
- You will leave with a powerful action plan to refine your policies, clarify your compliance obligations, and improve your bottom line based on case study examples and proven tactics
- The program is preapproved for critical recertification HRCI and SHRM credits that you can apply toward professional development
2017 breakout tracks include the need-to-know updates and insights on the areas of:
- System Shake-Ups
- New Reality of Work; and
- Latest Compliance Conundrums
SPEAKERS / see the experts you'll meet
RECERTIFICATION / earn credits when you attend
Business & Legal Resources (BLR) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 10.25 PDCs (16.25 hours total if you attend two pre-cons) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification