Advanced Employment Issues Symposium / Regulatory updates and compliance solutions for employers and HR practitioners
CONFERENCE SNAPSHOT: Now in its 22nd year, AEIS is recognized as one of the leading employment law conferences for forward-thinking HR professionals, executives, and in-house counsel. This event will help you get ahead of workplace policy updates with a comprehensive overview of breaking legislative changes, strategies to overcome compliance issues, and a networking opportunity unmatched by any other conference on the market. You will leave with the tools you need to limit your company’s liability and drive future business success.
2017 breakout tracks include the need-to-know updates and insights on the areas of:
- System Shake-Ups
- New Reality of Work; and
- Latest Compliance Conundrums
Find out why the Advanced Employment Issues Symposium (AEIS) is one of the most reputable and longstanding employment law conferences in the nation!
- Discover how the latest court decisions will impact your policies, including those on hot topics like gender identity and whistleblower claims.
- Get down in the trenches with practicing attorneys and federal regulators, who will update you on the very latest changes to employment laws and your compliance obligations. What’s happening with the ACA or overtime? Our experts will have the answers.
- Pinpoint the most common stumbling blocks before it’s too late, including major pitfalls involving employee screening, drug testing and more!
- Access proven, practical strategies for overcoming your top challenges, like FMLA abuse and reporting, so you can feel confident as your organization’s resident employment law expert.
- Network with other HR professionals who face the same challenges and can share best practices for implementing compliant and effective policies.
- Hear best-selling author and keynote speaker Bob Kelleher—president and founder of The Employee Engagement Group–share his insights on employee engagement, leadership, and workforce trends.
SPEAKERS / see the experts you'll meet
RECERTIFICATION / earn credits when you attend
Business & Legal Resources (BLR) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 10.25 PDCs (16.25 hours total if you attend two pre-cons) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification