CELU 2017 / California Employment Law Update
CONFERENCE SNAPSHOT: Attend CELU 2017 to access plain-English guidance from practicing California attorneys on navigating new legislative and regulatory developments and adjusting your policies for compliance and business success.
Register today and save! Early Bird rate expires July 18, 2017. Save $200 on each additional attendee.
California’s leading employment law conference will celebrate its 12th anniversary with a powerful new agenda crafted specifically for California HR professionals and employers.
As a CELU attendee, you will:
- Discover best practices for paper and e-storage, meeting mandatory notice, policy drafting requirements, and more
- Implement your action plan for conducting thorough and legal workplace investigations under California law
- Experience powerful lightening round talks on benefits and wellness in a post-ACA world, predictive scheduling, and job outlooks for the California market
- Get an inside look at the latest state and federal laws, court rulings and policy updates that will impact your workplace in the years ahead
- Determine how to legally manage the use of recreational and medical marijuana and e-cigarettes among your employees
- Learn how to manage employee performance and disciplinary documentation now that annual appraisals are falling by the wayside
- Get the scoop on new compliance risks under equal pay legislation, 2-tier minimum wage system and other breaking wage and hour updates.
- Access practical tips for striking a legal balance when it comes to drafting and enforcing dress, grooming and bathroom use policies
- Crack the code on preventing unconscious bias and bullying in your workplace so you can avoid legal consequences
- Tap strategies to overcome tricky leave administration challenges involving CFRA, Paid Sick, Kin Care, and PDL laws
- Learn how to effectively accommodate invisible disabilities under ADA/FEHA
- Network with other California professionals and discover how they are tackling their toughest state-specific compliance and management challenges
- Get exclusive Q&A with the state’s top employment law attorneys
- Earn critical HR recertification credits toward professional development
SPEAKERS / see the experts you'll meet
RECERTIFICATION / earn credits when you attend
Business & Legal Resources (BLR) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 10.25 PDCs (16.25 hours total if you attend two pre-cons) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification