Cal/OSHA Summit 2017 / Strategies for Exceptional Safety Management and Compliance in California
CONFERENCE SNAPSHOT: Cal/OSHA Summit 2017 is a leading state-specific event for California employers and safety professionals to get cutting-edge developments on new regulations, compliance strategies, and management tactics.
The Cal/OSHA Summit 2017 will help employers navigate these new changes and prepare for what’s coming down the pipeline. Attendees will:
- Access proven strategies to avoid common mistakes in injury and illness reporting–Cal/OSHA’s most violated standard
- Learn how to ace Cal/OSHA inspections by learning tips for a successful walk-through
- Uncover proven tactics to protect California workers from heat stress and illness, according to Cal/OSHA’s strict requirements
- Discover safety incentives that other California companies have successfully implemented to drive low-risk behavior
- Hear motivating and informative talks on post-accident drug testing and injury reporting, HazCom labeling practices, and workplace violence prevention
- Get hands-on with a workshop to help you optimize your return-to-work process
- Identify high-impact strategies to get buy-in on your safety culture program, from management and staff alike
Employers take notice: 2017 is shaping up to be a year of major concerns for California-based safety professionals. For example, Cal/OSHA’s regulatory focus includes:
- The development of the hospital workplace violence standard, which will likely lead to standards coming to additional workplaces in time
- Ongoing emphasis on heat illness and prevention
- Increased spotlight on communicable illnesses
- The development of standards that closely follow fed/OSHA’s recent revision to the recordkeeping rules and increased penalties
- And more
Who should attend? Safety and EHS managers, directors, consultants, and employers with California or multi-state safety compliance obligations.
Register today and save! Early Bird pricing extended to Aug. 1st!
SPEAKERS / see the experts you'll meet
RECERTIFICATION / earn credits when you attend
This conference qualifies for 0.5 recertification points for CSPs, CHSTs, OHSTs, CMP credits for CHMMs, and may be eligible for CM credits for CIHs who attend.
This program is pending approval for 7.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). This program is also a California-specific continuing education activity for PHR-CA and SPHR-CA recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
This program has been approved for MCLE recertification credit.
Business & Legal Resources (BLR) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 7.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification