Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2018
CONFERENCE SNAPSHOT: Learn how to prepare your organization for a worst-case scenario and mitigate the increasing likelihood of a workplace violence incident with actionable tactics for emergency response and crisis and risk management.
Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium is back! In 2018, the nation’s leading workplace violence prevention conference will take place in Savannah, GA, and will feature an all-new agenda outlining tactical strategies for reducing the risk of security breaches, workplace violence, and legal liabilities through powerful keynotes, substantive breakout sessions, and skills-building workshops.
When you attend this practical prevention training, you will:
- Glean from real-life examples how employment screening practices, security perimeters, and workforce training can minimize workplace violence risks
- Understand how to balance employee protection from weapons while respecting legal bounds under states’ gun control and concealed-carry laws
- Access strategies for effectively managing ideological intolerance and violent language in your workplace, while still respecting employees’ personal views and right to free speech
- Discover how to leverage predictive analytics, big data, and new technology like wearables to address threat assessment and risk management
- Draft an action plan for stopping cyberbullying, stalking, and other electronic harassment at your workplace before it escalates to violence
- Learn how to recognize the warning signs of domestic violence in your employees—one of the greatest risks for workplace attacks—and prepare an appropriate and legal prevention and response strategy
- Uncover practical actions you can take, like implementing employee assistance programs and workplace training, to create a culture of respect and mental health support
- Design your own workplace prevention plan and integrate the latest essential policies and recordkeeping protocols
- Take action by testing your knowledge of key legal concepts and practical challenges in a series of powerful group drills
RECERTIFICATION / earn credits when you attend
This program is approved for 10.5 credit hours of general recertification toward PHR, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi, and SPHRi recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the activity ID on your recertification application form. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
BLR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 10.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit SHRM at www.shrm.org/certification.