March 14–15, 2019 | San Antonio, TX
OVERVIEW | Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2019 will teach attendees how to prepare their organizations for a worst-case scenario and mitigate the increasing likelihood of a workplace violence incident with actionable tactics for emergency response and crisis and risk management.
Attendees of Workplace Violence Prevention Symposim 2019 Will Learn:
- Real-life examples how employment screening practices, security perimeters, and workforce training can minimize workplace violence risks
- How to balance employee protection from weapons while respecting legal bounds under states’ gun control and concealed-carry laws
- Strategies for effectively managing ideological intolerance and violent language in your workplace, while still respecting employees’ personal views and right to free speech
- How to leverage predictive analytics, big data, and new technology like wearables to address threat assessment and risk management
- The most effective way to draft an action plan for stopping cyberbullying, stalking, and other electronic harassment at your workplace before it escalates to violence
- How to recognize the warning signs of domestic violence in your employees—one of the greatest risks for workplace attacks—and prepare an appropriate and legal prevention and response strategy
- Practical actions you can take, like implementing employee assistance programs and workplace training, to create a culture of respect and mental health support
- How to design their own workplace prevention plan and integrate the latest essential policies and recordkeeping protocols
- The right steps to take action by testing your knowledge of key legal concepts and practical challenges in a series of powerful group drills
Our team of event liaisons would be happy to help you with your registration so your experience is as smooth as possible. Contact them now and they will get you set up in just 5 minutes!
2019 Speakers Coming Soon!
Pricing & Deadlines
Access Insider Updates on the Latest OSHA Compliance Initiatives
Network and Ideashare with Peers and Practicing Experts
Earn Recertification Credits Towards Your Professional Advancement
Create a Powerful Action Plan to Protect Your Workforce
Free Resources For You
Recertification Credit Information
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
HR CREDIT INFORMATION:
This program is pending approval for 8 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Business & Legal Resources (BLR) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 10.75 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification.
SAFETY CREDIT INFORMATION:
This program qualifies for up to .5 recertification points for CSPs, CHSTs, OHSTs, and CMP credit for CHMMs, and for CM credits for CIHs who attend. Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or Continuing Education Credits/Units (CECs/CEUs) may also be available for environmental managers participating in this live event (please note that participants are responsible for exploring their state requirements to have their educational credits approved for credit).