Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2018
CONFERENCE SNAPSHOT: Learn how to prepare your organization for a worst-case scenario and mitigate the increasing likelihood of a workplace violence incident with actionable tactics for emergency response and crisis and risk management.
Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium is back! In 2018, the nation’s leading workplace violence prevention conference will take place in Savannah, GA, and will feature an all-new agenda outlining tactical strategies for reducing the risk of security breaches, workplace violence, and legal liabilities through powerful keynotes, substantive breakout sessions, and skills-building workshops.
Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2018 will cover:
- Managing real-life situations and address employer responsibilities under OSHA’s General Duty Clause
- Developing comprehensive workplace violence prevention plans including policies, recordkeeping, and response strategies
- De-escalating and minimize violent outbursts
- Reducing security risks in your workplace–across all work sites
- Screening new hires using integrity and personality tests (legally)
- Understanding your potential legal obligations under ADA, FMLA, and other laws concerning mental health issues
- Mitigating the risks of workplace violence related to intimate partner violence
- Defusing active shooter incidents using proven table-top exercises
RECERTIFICATION / earn credits when you attend
This program is approved for 10.5 credit hours of general recertification toward PHR, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi, and SPHRi recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the activity ID on your recertification application form. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
BLR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 10.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit SHRM at www.shrm.org/certification.