Gamification can improve learner satisfaction and retention, and increase knowledge and skill gains among employees. Choosing the right gamification can be a huge asset to HR and training professionals, but the difficult part is implementing “proper design.” Your goals as the trainer, communication with the employee, and the proverbial toolkit you use will all play a part in whether your experience is a success. Thankfully, with a few science-driven recommendations, you can be on your way to an effective learning and development program that leverages gamification. This session will focus on how different organizations are using gamification as a talent development technique and how, when properly designed, it can work for your organization.
- Examples of successful uses of gamification for developing talent
- Why making learning fun is a valuable goal for designers
- The differences between gamification, simulations, and serious games as learning tools and how to tell when it’s best to use each
- How games can provide assessments of learning and training transfer
- How badges, points, and leaderboards are just one little piece of the gamification toolkit
Learn more about Workforce Learning & Development 2017.