This solutions-focused workshop will kick off with a comprehensive overview of the current regulatory landscape concerning the legality of drug testing.
This session will examine:
- When an employer may conduct drug testing on prospective and current employees
- The types of drug and alcohol testing methods that are permitted under the law, which are most accurate, and what they are likely to reveal
- The ins and outs of developing a comprehensive drug-testing program designed to give you the information you need to make informed and legal hiring and other employment decisions
- Drug and alcohol testing policy essentials, and instances when enforcement of zero-tolerance policy language may spark legal issues
- How to train supervisors and managers on warning signs that someone might be under the influence
- The action plan for addressing a situation when you suspect an employee is drunk or high at work
- What to do if an applicant or a current employee demands to be retested because the test revealed a false positive result
As a bonus, you’ll also get BLR’s Drug and Alcohol Sample Policy!