Click on a state below to find a master class in your area.
Drug Testing Master Class
Recent state regulatory developments regarding medical and recreational marijuana have created a complex web of compliance concerns for employers as they try to navigate drug testing policymaking and substance abuse management in the workplace. A sweeping opioid abuse epidemic further compounds these challenges, requiring that employers maintain a delicate balance between business objectives, employee rights, and ADA requirements.
It’s in an employer’s best interest to be proactive on this issue. According to the National Safety Council, the estimated yearly economic impact of substance use disorders exceeds $442 billion. Workplaces assume a great deal of these costs in the form of absenteeism, increased healthcare expenses and lost productivity. On the other end, each employee who recovers from a substance abuse disorder saves a company more than $3,200 a year.
This one-day comprehensive seminar will provide practical information on and strategies to address these sensitive and increasingly prevalent workplace issues.
- Your legal rights and limitations regarding drug testing
- Post-accident drug testing best practices and strategies to comply with OSHA’s ‘Reasonable’ Reporting and Anti-Retaliation Provisions
- How to address emerging compliance obligations regarding medical and recreational marijuana use
- Steps you can take to manage the effects of the opioid epidemic on your workforce and minimize your legal liabilities
- Ways that you can leverage employee assistance plans and other benefit programs to combat addiction and aid in timely recovery
2018 Drug Testing and Substance Abuse Management Master Class: Atlanta
WHERE: Double Tree by Hilton Atlanta-Buckhead
3342 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
WHEN: Thursday, November 1, 2018
PRESENTED BY: Daniel C. Beacon and Amanda R. Strainis-Walker